Sobey's contest Rules
CO-OP ATLANTIC, FOODLAND, SAFEWAY, SOBEYS and THRIFTY FOODS
NESTLÉ Family Room Upgrade CONTEST 2020
Official Rules (the “Rules”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. THE CONTEST IS VALID IN CANADA ONLY, EXCLUDING THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC (AND IS OPEN ONLY TO ELIGIBLE PERSONS, AS SPECIFIED IN THE RULES BELOW). VOID ELSEWHERE AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED. DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST IF YOU DO NOT FALL WITHIN THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AS SET FORTH BELOW.
- Enrollment in the AIR MILES® Reward Program (including a valid phone number associated with your account) is required to participate in the Contest. If you are not enrolled in the AIR MILES® Reward Program, you may enroll online at www.airmiles.ca. By enrolling an AIR MILES® Collector account in the AIR MILES® Reward Program (“Collector Account”), you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the AIR MILES® Reward Program as amended from time to time.
- LoyaltyOne Co. and Sobeys Capital Incorporated are not responsible for the sponsorship or administration of this Contest. Nestlé Canada Inc. is the Administrator and Sponsor of this Contest.
- The NESTLÉ Family Room Upgrade CONTEST 2020 (the “Contest”) commences at 12:00:01 AM ET on September 17, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on October 28, 2020 (the “Contest Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM ET on October 28, 2020 (the “Contest Closing Time”). Entries submitted after the Contest Closing Time will not be accepted.
- The Contest is open only to legal residents of Canada excluding the province of Quebec (the “Participating Provinces”) who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence on the date that they entered the Contest. Void where prohibited by law. Employees, directors, and officers of the Administrator and Sponsor, Nestlé Canada Inc. (the “Administrator” and the “Sponsor”), Sobeys Capital Incorporated, the National Hockey League (“NHL”), its member clubs, NHL Enterprises, L.P., NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P., NHL Enterprises B.V., NHL Interactive CyberEnterprises, LLC (each of the foregoing NHL entities, collectively, the “NHL Entities”) and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, franchisees, subsidiaries, distributors, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies, agents, sponsors, and any entity that they contract with specific to the Contest, as well as the immediate family members, and any persons domiciled with any of the above (whether related or not), cannot enter the Contest. For the purposes of these Rules, two people are “immediate family members” if one is the husband, wife, spouse, common-law partner, son, stepson, son-in-law, daughter, stepdaughter, daughter-in-law, sister, stepsister, sister-in-law, brother, stepbrother, brother-in-law, mother, stepmother, mother-in-law, father, stepfather or father-in-law of the other. For clarity, groups, clubs, organizations, businesses and commercial and non-commercial entities cannot enter the Contest.
- An entrant must meet the eligibility requirements set out in these Rules from the time of entry until the time he/she is confirmed a winner (if he/she becomes a winner).
How to Enter with Purchase
- You will receive one (1) entry into the Contest per transaction for every purchase of fifteen dollars ($15) worth of the products identified in Appendix A (each a “Participating Product”), subject to availability, while supplies last, provided that your AIR MILES® Card is swiped at the checkout at the time of purchase at any of the participating Co-op Atlantic, Foodland, Safeway, Sobeys and Thrifty Foods stores located in the Participating Provinces (each a “Participating Store”) and you comply with the entry requirements of these Contest Rules.
How to Enter without Purchase
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter the Contest without making a purchase, present your AIR MILES® Card at the customer service desk at any Participating Store during the Contest Period, request a no-purchase entry and otherwise comply with these Contest Rules, and you will receive one (1) entry into the Contest. Limit one (1) no purchase entry per day per Collector Account.
Prizes and Odds of Winning
- There is a total of one (1) grand prize (a “Grand Prize”) available to be won at the outset of this Contest. The Grand Prize consists of:
One (1) 75-inch TV – (CAD $4,499.99 value)
· One (1) Sound bar – (CAD $899.99 value)
· One (1) Video Gaming Console
· Two (2) Video Gaming Wireless Controllers
· Two (2) Video Games
o (CAD $534.97 - total value for above Video Gaming items)
· One (1) cash prize of four-thousand Canadian dollars ($4,000 CAD)
· One (1) set of KitKat® tablet products – (CAD $65.00)
- The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is ten-thousand Canadian dollars ($10,000.00 CAD). The approximate odds of winning a Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received by the Contest Closing Time.
- The Grand Prize has no equivalent cash value, is non-transferable and no substitutions will be made. Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any Grand Prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason. You are responsible for all costs not expressly described as being included as part of the Grand Prize, such as any fee associated with the receipt and/or use of the Grand Prize. Please allow up to four (4) weeks for delivery or fulfillment of the Grand Prize.
- All amounts and costs related to any prizes, including but not limited to all income, sales, use and other taxes (and the reporting thereof) imposed as a result of the award of a prize, which are not expressly stated as covered by the Sponsor in these Rules are the responsibility of the individual winner. It is the individual winner’s responsibility to understand and abide by any federal, provincial, territorial, local or foreign tax laws that may apply to receipt of a prize. The NHLShop.ca e-gift codes are subject to terms and conditions.
The following conditions apply:
- If a portion of the Grand Prize is not used, no compensation will be awarded in lieu.
- The Sponsor shall not be held liable in the event that any potential winner is unable to benefit from the Grand Prize, or any part thereof, because of having failed to complete or comply with such requirements.
- There are a total of one hundred sixty (160) secondary prizes (each, a “Secondary Prize”) available to be won at the outset of this Contest, falling into four (4) Secondary Prize categories (each a “Category”). Each Secondary prize awarded consists of one of the below four categories. The Categories, the number of Secondary Prizes available in each at the outset of this Contest, and the approximate retail values of each are:
- KITKAT Hockey Pucks (40) - $3.00 CAD each
- KITKAT Mini Hockey Stick Set (2 sticks/set; 30 sets total) - $15.00 CAD per set
- KITKAT Socks (40) - $15.00 CAD each
- NHLShop.ca e-gift codes (50) - $20.00 CAD each
- The approximate odds of winning a Secondary Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Please allow up to four (4) weeks for delivery or fulfillment of the Secondary Prize. All terms and conditions of the gift card apply to the Secondary Prize.
- Limit of one (1) Grand Prize and one (1) Secondary Prize per person.
- All amounts and costs related to any prizes, including but not limited to all income, sales, use and other taxes (and the reporting thereof) imposed as a result of the award of a prize, which are not expressly covered by the Sponsor are the responsibility of the individual winner. It is the individual winner’s responsibility to understand and abide by any federal, provincial, territorial, local or foreign tax laws that may apply to receipt of a prize.
- A person eligible to win a prize must accept the prize as awarded and may not transfer such prize or substitute or exchange for, or apply the prize’s value towards, cash or a higher cost or alternative prize. All prizes are non-refundable, cannot be replaced if lost or stolen and are provided on an “as is” basis, without any representation or warranty of any kind. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to make substitutions of equivalent or greater kind or value in the event of the unavailability of all or part of a prize or for any other reason whatsoever.
How Prizes are Awarded
- A random draw will occur on November 9, 2020 from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period (the “Draw”). You do not need to be in attendance to be selected. Where there are multiple draws for multiple Secondary Prizes, you are only eligible to win once.
- If, for any reason whatsoever, by the time of a Grand Prize Draw or Secondary Prize Draw (collectively, the “Prize Draws”) no eligible entries have been received or there is an insufficient number of eligible entries to award all of the prizes allocated to that Prize Draw, any unawarded prizes will be awarded during the next applicable Prize Draw. This process will be repeated until all prizes for the Contest are awarded. If, for any reason whatsoever, any prizes are not awarded following the completion of the final Prize Draw, those prizes will not be awarded.
- The Sponsor and/or its representatives may respond to or otherwise engage with Contest participants during the Contest Period, but such interactions will have no impact on the process through which prizes are awarded in accordance with these Rules.
Declaration and Release and Skill-Testing Question
- Before being confirmed as a winner of a prize, each potential winner must complete and return, within ten (10) days of date of receipt, a Declaration and Release Form (the “Declaration and Release”), which (among other things):
- confirms compliance with these Rules;
- acknowledges acceptance of the prize as awarded;
- release the Released Parties (defined below) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, the potential winner’s participation therein and the awarding and use/misuse of the prize or any portion thereof; and
- confirms the potential winner’s consent to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph and/or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including, without limitation, print, broadcast and the Internet.
- Further, prior to being confirmed as a winner of a prize, each potential winner must also correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question contained in the Declaration and Release, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical, electronic or otherwise.
- If a potential winner fails to return the properly-executed Declaration and Release within the specified time period, the Sponsor may, in its sole and absolute discretion, disqualify the potential winner, thereby forfeiting any and all rights the potential winner may have to the prize. In the event of such a disqualification, an alternate potential winner will be selected from among the remaining eligible entries, either through a process similar to the one that selected the original potential winner or through a random draw, the exact process to be determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, subject to these Rules.
- If a selected potential winner does not meet the eligibility requirements, does not correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question, does not complete and return the Declaration and Release, is unable or unwilling to accept the prize as offered or elects to decline the prize, he/she may be disqualified at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor and an alternate potential winner may be selected from among the remaining eligible entries, either through a process similar to the one that selected the original potential winner or through a random draw, the exact process to be determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, subject to these Rules. Any disqualified winner will not receive any alternate prize, substitution or compensation.
- Upon satisfaction of all requirements of these Rules, including, without limitation, receipt of the completed Declaration and Release, winners will be contacted to make further prize delivery arrangements.
Use of Personal Information
- By entering the Contest and voluntarily providing your personal information as described in these Contest Rules, you agree to the collection, use and disclosure by the Administrator (and where applicable, the Sponsor), and its respective employees and/or authorized agents, of your personal information, for the purpose of administering the Contest, including—but not limited to—contacting you with respect to the Contest if you are a selected entrant. Personally-identifiable information will only be used to administer the Contest and for no other purpose, except as specifically outlined in these Contest Rules. Personally identifiable information will not be sold, shared or disclosed by the Administrator to any third party, other than to the Sponsor or a third party engaged by the Administrator or Sponsor for the purpose of administering the Contest, or if required by law with the exception that aggregated information may be used by or shared amongst the Administrator and its subsidiaries and affiliates, or shared by the Administrator with third parties in accordance with our Privacy Commitment available at https://www.sobeys.com/en/privacy-policy.
- By entering the Contest, you agree that if you are determined to be a winner, the Administrator and the Sponsor may use your name, comments, voice, likeness, municipality of residence and picture in any advertising, promotion or publicity carried out now or in the future, in any media without compensation or notice, and you grant to the Administrator and the Sponsor any and all rights to such use. You agree to cooperate with the Administrator and the Sponsor in arranging for photographs or other forms of publicity and to be available for photographs or other forms of publicity on reasonable notice.
Limitation of Liability / Release
- By participating in the Contest, and as a condition of acceptance of the prize, you, your heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, release and forever discharge and hold harmless LoyaltyOne, Co., the Sponsor, the Administrator, the NHL Entities, and their direct and indirect parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, assigns, agents, advisors, franchisees, shareholders, partners, representatives, their advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies and each of their respective employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all losses, damages (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages), rights, claims, actions, causes of action, personal injury, property damage or death, including without limitation all costs and liabilities of any kind including legal fees on a substantial indemnity scale, hereinafter called “Claims” and including without limitation any claims arising from any act of negligence of the Released Parties, that you now have, or may hereafter have against the Released Parties directly or indirectly resulting or arising from: (i) participation in the Contest, or the awarding, acceptance, possession, use, or misuse or enjoyment of any prize, and where applicable, traveling to, preparing for, or participating in, any Contest-related or prize-related event or activity; or (ii) the publicity rights granted to the Sponsor and the Administrator. You specifically acknowledge that you understand that there may be serious risks of bodily injury, death, or property damage associated with the acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of the prize and attendance at any event or participation in certain prize-related activities, and you voluntarily assumes these risks. You also agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all Claims in respect of the foregoing.
Compliance with Rules
- By entering the Contest, you agree to abide by the entire Contest Rules and the terms and conditions under which the prizes are awarded. Any decision made by the Sponsor and/or the Administrator in respect of this Contest shall be final and binding on all entrants in all matters relating to this Contest. In the event an entrant wins a prize and is later found to be in violation of these Rules, he/she will be required to forfeit the prize or to reimburse Sponsor for the stated value of the prize if such violation is discovered after winner has used the prize. False, fraudulent or deceptive entries or acts shall render entrants ineligible for the prize.
- The Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for any computer, online, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur (including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry), nor for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries in the Contest, nor for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; and, are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone or network lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website or on account of any combination of the foregoing; and are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrants or to any computer-related injury or damage resulting from participating in downloading materials in this Contest.
- In the event that, due to a printing, manufacturing, mechanical or other error of any kind or nature whatsoever, more prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded according to these Contest Rules, prizes will stop being awarded when the Administrator becomes aware of an error respecting the number of prizes and the Administrator reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to conduct a random draw from amongst all eligible and approved prize claimants whose claims have not yet been redeemed to award the remaining number of advertised prizes. In no event will the Sponsor or Administrator be liable for more than the stated number of prizes contained in these Contest Rules.
Rights to Terminate/Modify/Suspend Contest
- The Administrator and Sponsor retain the right, in their absolute discretion, to suspend, modify or terminate any aspect of the Contest (including, but not limited to these Contest Rules) at any time. The Administrator and Sponsor may make substitutions of equivalent kind or value in the event of the unavailability of a prize (or component thereof) for any reason whatsoever. The Administrator and Sponsor may terminate or withdraw this Contest at any time by posting a notice at the Participating Stores. If the Contest is terminated on any day prior to the normal Contest end date (the “Termination Date”), the Administrator and Sponsor may determine the winners from all eligible entries received as of the close of business at the Participating Stores on the Termination Date (which winners shall be randomly selected in accordance with these Contest Rules).
- Any attempt made by an entrant or other individual or entity, to deliberately damage, manipulate or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, is a violation of the law. The Administrator and Sponsor reserve the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual or entity which makes any such attempt. Any entrant who, in the opinion of the Administrator, is determined to be engaging in any of the foregoing activities will be immediately disqualified from the Contest.
AIR MILES® and the AIR MILES® marks are Trademarks of AIR MILES® International Trading B.V. used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Sobeys Capital Incorporated and affiliates. NHL and the NHL Shield are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. NHL and NHL team marks are the property of the NHL and its teams. © NHL 2020. All Rights Reserved. All Nestlé trademarks are owned by Société des Produits Nestlé S.A., Vevey, Switzerland and used under licence. ©2020 Nestlé.
- The Contest is governed by the laws of Nova Scotia and the laws of Canada applicable therein, and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to these Contest Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. By entering the Contest, you agree that the courts of Nova Scotia, Canada shall have jurisdiction to entertain any action or other legal proceedings based on any provision of this Contest’s Rules or the running of this Contest.
DELISSIO Crispy Pan AllDressed 6x626g
DELISSIO Crispy Pan Lo 4Cheese 6x570g
DELISSIO Crispy Pan Meat Lov 6x598g
DELISSIO Crispy Pan Pepperoni 6x556g
DELISSIO Stuffed Crst 4Cheese 12x664g
DELISSIO Stuffed Crust 3 Meat 12x702g
DELISSIO Stuffed Crust Cdn 12x702g
DELISSIO Stuffed Crust Deluxe 12x744g
DELISSIO Stuffed Crust Pepp 12x660g
HaagnDaz Ice Cream Van Sw Almond 8X500ML
HaagnDaz Ice Cream Chocolate 8X500ML
HaagnDaz Ice Cream Coffee 8X500ML
HaagnDaz Ice Cream Strawberry 8X500ML
HaagnDaz Ice Cream Vanilla 8X500ML
HaagnDaz Pralines & Cream 8X500ML
HaagnDaz Chocolate Chunk 8X500ML
HaagnDaz Ice Cream Choc P/Bttr 8X500ML
HaagnDaz I/Crm Brownies Ckie Dgh 8X500ML
HaagnDaz IceCream Salted Caramel 8X500ML
HaagnDaz Ice Cream Crml Explsn 8X500ML
HaagnDzX Ice Cream Cookie Dough 8X500ML
HaagnDaz Ice Cream Vanilla Bean 8X500ML
HaagnDaz Exrraaz Esprs Choc Ckie 8X500ML
HaagnDaz Extraaz Salted Crml Brn 8X500ML
HaagnDaz Ice Cream Butter Pecan 8X500ML
HaagnDaz I/Cream Pineapple C/Nut 8X500ML
HaagnDaz Truffle White Choc Rasp 8X500ML
HaagnDaz Cookies & Cream 8X500ML
HaagnDaz Non-Dairy PB Choc 8X414ML
HaagnDaz I/Crm Choc Fdg NonDairy 8X414ML
HaagnDaz I/Crm Coconut Non Dairy 8X414ML
Haagndaz Ice Cream Dulce De Lche 8X500ML
HaagnDaz Icecream Ban PB ChocChp 8X500ML
HaagnDaz Extraaz Icecrm RckyRoad 8X500ML
HaagnDaz Icecrm StrwBery Chs Cke 8X500ML
KitKat Ice Cream Expresso 8X500ML
KitKat Dessert Matcha Green Tea 8X500ML
Kit Kat Salted Caramel 8x500ml
HaagnDaz Bar Crml Almd Crnch 3s 12X264ML
HaagnDaz Minis Van Almond 4Pk 6X220ML
HaagnDaz Minis Mlk Chocolate 4Pk 6X220ML
HaagnDaz Van & Milk Choc 3pc 12X264ML
HaagnDaz Vanilla & Almond 3Pk 12X264ML
HaagnDaz Ruby 72ML 12X3PK
HaagnDaz Extraz SaltdCrmlBrn 72ML 12X3PK
HaagnDaz Extraaz Strw Chseck 72ML 12X3PK
HaagnDaz Ice Crm Crml Almnd C 55ML 6X4PK
HaagnDaz Coffee Almond 12X264ML
HaagnDaz Chocolate Almond 12X264ML
HaagnDaz Extraa Icecrm CkDgh 72ML 12X3Pk
HaagnDaz Extraa Icecrm Ck&Cm 72ML 12X3Pk
HaagnDaz Icecrm RckyAlmd 72ML 12X3Pk
Goodnort Cookies and Cream 8X475ML
Goodnorth Icecrm ChcChp Ckie Dgh 8X475ML
Goodnort Ice/Crm Bars Bday 3PK 12X240ML
Goodnort Ice/Crm Ckies&Crm 3PK 12X240ML
Goodnort Ice/Crm Crmy Crml 3PK 12X240ML
Aero Milk Tablets 15X97G
Aero Mlk/Choc Tablet Truffle 15X85G
Nestle Aero Bar Drk ChryTrufl 15X85G
AERO Dark Mint Tablet 15x95g
Nestle Aero Bar White Tablet 15X95G
Nestle Aero Bar Dark 70% Tablet 15X95G
Aero Choc Tablet Vanilla Truffle 15X85G
AERO TABLET Milk Choc Mint 15/95G
AERO TABLET CHOC TRUFFLE 15/105G
AERO TABLET CHOC Truffle Dark Cherry 15/105G
AERO TABLET CHOC TRUFFLE CHIPOTLE 15/105G
KIT KAT TABLET MILK CHOC 15/120G
KIT KAT TABLET CHOC HAZELNUT 15/120G
KIT KAT TABLET CHOC BISCUIT 15/120G
KIT KAT TABLET CHOC CARAMEL 15/120G
Kit Kat 4Finger Dark 24X41G
Nestle Aero Single 4X48X42G
Nestle Coffee Crisp Single 4X48X50G
Nestle KitKat Single 4X48X45G
Nestle Mirage Single 4X36X41G
Nestle Rolo Single 4X36X52G
Nestle Big Turk Single 4X36X60G
Nestle Crunch Reg 10X36X44G
Nestle Butterfinger Regular Bar 8X36X54G
Nestle Aero Peppermint 24X41G
KitKat Chunky 24X40G
Nestle Turtles 3Pc Single 6X24X1EA
Nestle After Eight Bar 8X24X40G
Nestle Crunch Reg 10X36X44G
MacKintosh Toffee Single
Kit Kat Chunky White Single 40g
Smarties Regular 8X24X45G
Kit Kat Chunky Peanut Butter Single 42g
Kit Kat Bar Chunky Cheese Cake 6X24X42G
KitKat Chocolate 4Finger White 24X41G
Nestle Aero Bar White 6X24X42G
Kit Kat Bar 4Finger Green Tea 15X24X35G
Coffee Crisp Stix Salted Caraml 8X24X32G
COFFEE CRISP Thins 6(24x33g)
KK CHUNKY SaltedCaramelUTZMB 6(24x42g)
KIT KAT Chunky Milk 49g
KITKAT Chunky Caramel 55g
KITKAT Chunky Cookie Dough 52g
Kit Kat Gold 45g
Aero Gold 42g
AERO Dark & Milk 42g